Thank you to a great friend of mine, I have been reading a fascinating book about Magnesium…
You might not know this, but approximately 80% of us are deficient in Magnesium and it is absolutely essential to almost every process in our body.
I first discovered my need for magnesium supplementation when in stressful times I would develop fasciculations’s in my calves. One of my very strange stress responses… but that is for another post!
I have been taking it at night for at least a year, but the more I read, the more I realize that I may not be taking enough.
According to Natural News:
“The combination of depleted topsoil and food processing have minimized or completely removed plant magnesium from our diets. If your digestion is good, and you’re eating all organic produce and whole grains, you may not be among the deficient. Nevertheless, supplementing is wise.”
The book I am almost done reading is called ” The Magnesium Miracle” by Carolyn Dean and it is so amazing how many symptoms and disease processes can be a result of Magnesium deficiency. It is absolutely astounding.
SIGNS OF MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY
Increased intracellular calcium
Irregular or rapid heartbeat
Growth retardation or “failure to thrive”
CONDITIONS RELATED TO PROBLEMS OF MAGNESIUM
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sleep problems
- Cluster headaches
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Chest pain (angina)
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis
- Type II diabetes
Source: Ancient Minerals
Wow. Right? I know!
Supplementation is not something that you should attempt on your own and has to be carefully combined with Calcium and other essential minerals for optimum benefit.
With 80% of us deficient, we all need to be looking into how we can ensure our bodies are getting enough of this absolutely critical mineral.
This week for my school project, I am increasing my daily dose of Magnesium. Especially with the amount of stress I have felt lately, it is even more critical for me. I know I have been sleeping much better so far, a definite added bonus 🙂
Who knew? ( Janice I know you did!)
- The Benefits of Magnesium Oil (sugarplumessentials.wordpress.com)
- Cleansing the Mind, Body & Spirit (jacquelinecassel.com)
- Nutrition Kids Need to Grow (plumorganics.com)
- Low Magnesium Linked To Heart Disease (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Magnesium – sleepdeprivation and stress (vitality2day.wordpress.com)
- The power of magnesium (expertscolumn.com)
- Magnesium Supports a Healthy Immune System and More (nuomega.wordpress.com)
- Health Benefits Of Magnesium (holistichealthliving.wordpress.com)