I had my first class this weekend for Nutritional Therapy…
It was absolutely fascinating!
I thought that sitting in class for 16 hours over the course of two days ( yes 16!!) would be challenging, but surprisingly I found it engaging, inspiring and motivating.
Being someone who is already pretty tuned into health and diet, I thought that I would have the upper hand on a lot of the information.
Oh, was I wrong!
The instructor, who was fascinating himself, cited hundreds of clinically valid studies over the course of the weekend that showed two things very clearly…
1. As americans, we are completely vitamin deficient and malnourished
2. With the use of food and nutritional supplements, we can prevent disease, obliterate a multitude of symptoms and live life feeling good.
I think most of us walk around feeling sub-par and accept that as the way it is, or for us it’s “normal”. I know I do.
My epiphany of the weekend:
I don’t have to accept sub-par as “normal”
What a revelation!
So I marched myself right into New Seasons, picked up supplements and got started. I also had to get some for the kids, Brent and sent a care package to my mom!
Here are the things I am starting with:
Mega Potency Multi Vitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Tumeric ( you can buy this in a supplement form), Triphala ( Ayurvedic tonic), and Fish Oil. Brent and Mom are going to take a B-100 also.
What a list!
We’ll see if I can successfully take them… which is not my forte. I suppose it will be a good experiment as I move forward in how to work with people like myself!
Do you supplement?
- Preventing blindness and saving lives with vitamin A (one.org)
- The Importance of Nutritional Supplements (melrosefit.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin C May Strengthen Bones (glamdollteaston.wordpress.com)